New! Marine Guide Recognition Rating for SSI Ecology Experts
May 31, 2021
Recognizing our Professionals who are SSI Marine Ecology experts.
We are launching a NEW SSI Marine Guide Recognition Rating for SSI Professionals who become experts in the SSI Ecology programs. This is the latest exciting step in our journey to become a more sustainable company.
Earn the SSI Marine Guide Recognition Rating.
Dive Guides and Divemasters are the spearheads of SSI Professionals when it comes to dealing with certified divers and understanding our incredible oceans. Therefore, SSI is proud to launch the new SSI Marine Guide Recognition Rating on July 1st, 2021.
This exciting new rating is for those SSI Professionals
who become subject matter experts in the SSI Ecology Programs. To qualify as an SSI Marine Guide, SSI Dive Guides and higher must be in active status and complete Marine Ecology and four additional Ecology programs.
Environmental protection is essential for sustainable economic growth and the well-being of ourselves, our society, and our oceans.
SSI PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION – EARN YOUR FREE RECOGNITIONS NOW.
Join the SSI marine conservation and sustainability journey.
It is important to us that our corporate activities have the smallest possible impact on the environment. Also, that SSI products and programs inform everyone about relevant environmental topics and initiatives.
With the launch of Blue Oceans
, SSI’s environmental pledge became more detailed, and our passion turned into a genuine initiative! SSI Blue Oceans provides the perfect starting point for divers, dive centers, and even non-divers to incorporate ocean conservation into their daily lives.
JOIN THE SSI BLUE OCEANS MOVEMENT.
Discover more SSI marine conservation initiatives.
We are committed to sustainability and our current SSI marine conservation initiative include:
- All physical SSI certification cards are made of environmentally friendly bio-PVC and are 100% biodegradable.
- With our free MySSI app, customers can complete their training "card-free" and minimise the use of precious resources.
- We have set a company-wide goal to reduce plastic packaging and find alternative environmentally friendly options.
- Many SSI products are packaged exclusively in cellulose packaging or paper.
- The free SSI Blue Oceans program explains the importance of protecting the oceans and shares how anyone can easily help save the oceans.
- Every time we update our training programs, we add sustainable diving practices for students and pros of all levels.
Together, we can make a difference that lasts.
We know are stronger together when it comes to saving the oceans, and that education and training are the first steps to take. We offer various Environment Specialty programs that help people worldwide learn about different marine life, how ocean ecosystems function and how to interact safely with sharks, rays and more.
As well as the popular SSI Marine Ecology program
, our range of Environment Specialty programs include:
- Shark Ecology
- Sea Turtle Ecology
- Fish Identification
- Coral Identification
- Manta & Ray Ecology
Visit our Environment Specialty programs
page to find out more and start these fascinating programs online today.
READ MORE: 4 REASONS YOU SHOULD BECOME A MASTER DIVER IN 2021